Friday, February 20, 2009

The Rao departure


Today is was discovered that CMU President, Michael Rao, is leaving Chippewa land for VCU.

This move is obviously going to give Rao a big increase in pay and perks, so it is understandable as to why he made the jump. This scenario is really no different than any coach moving to a bigger school and I wish Rao well.

Rao did plenty of positives for CMU, but I don't think it is any secret that athletics was not high on his list of priorities. This leaves an interesting situation for CMU as they will soon begin to search for a new president. Will the new hire put athletics higher on his commitments list?

I was planning on diving deeper into the monetary status of the athletics budget in weeks to come, most notably how it works into CMU's difficult non-conference football schedule.

Today's developments will certainly be something to talk about for quite some time and I am sure the athletics department would like to have its say in the replacement.

*On a side note, and I can't believe I made such an oversight, I must credit CMU quarterback, or should I now say beloved former CMU quarterback Brian Brunner for his fine blog work that helped inspire me to begin this blog. Brian is now doing some fine work for the Saginaw News and is still pursuing a football career and I wish him the best. (There Brian, is that what you were looking for :) )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home