Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CMU's 2010 Football Schedule

The 2010 Central Michigan football schedule will not be made official for some time yet, but I was able to gain access to the tentative schedule from my sources close to the program. While the dates have not been made official, the order of the games is pretty much locked in. Here is a look at the schedule in game order:

1.vs. Hampton (CMU’s home & season opener – on the Thursday night before Labor Day)
2.at Temple* (MAC Opener)
3.at Eastern Michigan*
4.at Northwestern
5.vs. Ball State*
6.at Virginia Tech
7.vs. Miami (Ohio)*
8.at Northern Illinois*
9.vs. Bowling Green*
10.vs. Western Michigan* (Set to be a Friday night on ESPN)
11.at Navy
12.at Toledo* (Either Tuesday before or Friday after Thanksgiving)

*MAC Games

All games unless otherwise noted will be on a Saturday. The Friday date with Western will be in November when the high school season is past the regular season and most playoff games will be taking place on Saturdays, making this game accessible to most people. Also, a Friday night is much more manageable than a Wednesday night for this game.

The schedule is tough. Opening MAC play at Temple at week two will be no easy task and ending the year at Toledo could be a huge game to play on the road, but otherwise, most games are balanced out. Just one 3-game road trip this season is a nice break. There won’t really be a bye week in the schedule, but their should be an extended break between games late in the season, revolving around that Western Michigan game, which will be viewed as a mid-week game instead of a Saturday game.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Drew, I can't seem to get the calendar to work as you mention. I know you specifically say that this isn't official, but here's what I have:

9/2 Hampton
9/11 Temple
9/18 EMU
9/25 N'western
10/2 BSU
10/9 Vtech
10/16 Miami
10/23 NIU
10/30 BG
11/12 WMU
11/13 Navy (per Navy's site)
11/23 or 11/26 Toledo
I wonder if the WMU game might be a week earlier (11/5), or maybe a week later if we are playing Toledo on 11/26 (WMU on 11/19, might make more sense given that all hs games are on Saturday's at that point).

February 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM 
Blogger Nate Schneider said...

Bob, I know the dates themselves are not set, but the order is. Without the bye, there is some overlap late in the season. My source didn't have a calender with them but the bye week may come after the Western game with an extended break before Navy.

February 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In looking at the schedule and comparing it to the calendar, I think the WMU game will be Friday, November 5th if Navy is on Nov 13th and the Bowling Green game is on Oct 30th.
It looks to me like the bye week break will be between Navy and the Toledo game.

February 24, 2010 at 7:42 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

May 12, 2010 at 7:15 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we

May 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zasd

May 19, 2010 at 9:06 AM 
Blogger Brijmohan said...

Great and fantastic blog. I am interested very much in the subject matter of your blog. crossbows

June 29, 2010 at 12:35 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.
canadian pharmacy

July 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing pictures! I was in this hotel before a year thorough last minute travel with my family. It is fantastic hotel very good for enjoying vacation with the family. canadian pharmacy online

July 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is wonderful and truly appreciated informations shared in this post I am going to bookmark this!we get lots of information on this topic. Nice job keep it up!!


olympics

August 31, 2010 at 10:11 PM 
Anonymous Dissertation Advice said...

I read all the posts of your educational blog, and I feel you will always share different types of knowledge and information on the subject of Dissertation writing. Keep it up!

October 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM 
Anonymous Green Parks said...

Hello.. Firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers. After this, I recognize the content so interesting about this article. For me personally I liked all the information. I would like to know of cases like this more often. In my personal experience I might mention a book called Green Parks Costa Rica in this book that I mentioned have very interesting topics, and also you have much to do with the main theme of this article.

October 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is an excellent post. I admire your efforts. I will come again to check new updates. Thanks for sharing it.
dissertation writing assistance

April 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM 
Blogger hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

I also admire of your colossal efforts, dear author!Next time, when you will be writing an entry, you may turn your request to the best custom writing service - I guarantee that you will be satisfied with the general results!

March 7, 2016 at 5:34 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home