Monday, October 25, 2010

Kinville suspended by MAC

According to CMU Press Release:
The Mid-American Conference has suspended Central Michigan sophomore defensive end Joe Kinville one game for unsportsmanlike conduct during Saturday's game at Northern Illinois.
Kinville will not play in this week's game against Bowling Green.
"We support the Mid-American Conference's disciplinary action and apologize to Northern Illinois University and its football program," said CMU head coach Dan Enos. "We do not condone unsportsmanlike acts of any kind, and Joe understands that his actions have no place in the game of college football."
"I apologize to Northern Illinois University and its football program, my teammates, coaches and Central Michigan University for my actions on Saturday," Kinville said. "As a student-athlete, I am expected to represent my school and team with class, and I regret that I failed to do that during Saturday's game."


The suspension was due to a cheap shot in a pile up during the game. Kinville dropped an elbow or forearm on some Huskies. The play was not penalized but I personally saw it and was quite shocked it didn't get called.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home